- about sd40
- Board of Education
- Human Resources
- Academic Night School
- Adult Academic Learning
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Career Training Programs
- French Immersion & Montessori Programs
- Homelearners' Program
- International Baccalaureate
- International Education
- On-Line Learning
- POWER Alternate Secondary
- RCAP (Royal City Alternate Program)
School District No. 40 Charitable Status
School District No. 40 applied for charity status under the Income Tax Act in an effort to streamline procedures and lessen the financial burden associated with overseeing the Royal City Education Foundation as a separate entity. Canada Revenue Agency confirmed that the School District meets the requirements for charitable registration and all matters related to charitable donations were transferred from the Royal City Education to School District No. 40 (New Westminster) effective April 1, 2015.
Effective April 1, 2015, if you wish to receive a tax-deductible receipt, cheques must be made payable to School District No. 40 and mailed to 811 Ontario Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 0J7.
PLEASE NOTE: The New Westminster School Board office has relocated to the corner of 8th Street And Royal Avenue. Our new mailing address is: 811 Ontario Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 0J7
Our Charitable Status will remain the same:
- To provide scholarships, bursaries, honorariums, grants or other means of financial assistance to deserving students or former students of any public school in the District; and from International students that would contribute to the education and betterment of the District;
- To fund seminars, workshops, speakers, field trips or other projects creating learning opportunities within the District;
- To purchase for the District, any machinery, equipment or other material aid to the learning experience within the District;
- To contribute financially to any undertaking or acquisition which will otherwise help to enrich the quality of education in the District;
- To strengthen the connection between our School District and the global community; and
- To maintain and seek out links with organizations and peoples of other areas that would enrich the peoples in our District with a global perspective on Education.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- CASH CONTRIBUTIONS: Donors may give gifts of cash by cheque, credit/debit, or money order. Revenue Canada allows charitable donation tax receipts for such donations. Click here for a copy of our Pre-authorized Credit Card Authorization form.
- GIFTS-IN-KIND: Gifts-in-kind are non-cash donations and may take the form of: 1) Tangible property such as: equipment, vehicles, supplies, food, books, computer, software, artwork, etc., 2) Securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate) When giving a gift-in-kind to a charity, the donor transfers ownership of the gift to the charity, as is, for the charity's use (for current operations, projects, or sale for the use of proceeds). Click here for a copy of out Gift In Kind Donation form.
- BEQUESTS AND WILLS: A legal will is a guarantee than an individual's estate will be divided according to his or her wishes. Designating a portion of assets to preferred charitable organizations is increasingly popular and important
- IN MEMORIAM: If you would like to honour the memory of a friend, family member, or colleague who has passed away, a memorial gift to School District No. 40 offers an opportunity to do so. For example, a memorial scholarship or bursary, named in honour of the individual is a wonderful way to create a lasting legacy.
- OTHER OPPORTUNITIES: Securities and Shares: Residual Bequests, Specific Bequests; Contingent Bequests; Insurance Policies; are all examples of other gift giving opportunities
HOW TO DONATE
Donate by Credit Card, Cheque or Money Order. This could be in the form of:
- A one-time donation
- A monthly donation - by automatic bank debit
Your Donation Can Be Used For
- Scholarships and Bursaries
- Literacy, Sports, Food and Nutrition Programs
- Other areas of your choice
School District No. 40 (New Westminster) is a registered Canadian Charity BN/Charitable Registration Number: 10796 1344 RR0001
For more information please contact the School Board Office at 604-517-6240